Activity 4 - Plan your own persuasive advert
You will plan your own persuasive advert.
Choose either one of the products from yesterday (activity 3) or a product you have at home that you want someone to buy.
Your plan must include:
- a rhetorical question
- imperative verbs (bossy verbs)
- expanded noun phrases (this incredible, amazing item)
When writing to persuade, you need to use a range of punctuation:
- capital letters for proper nouns
- question marks for rhetorical questions
- commas for fronted adverbials
- commas in an expanded noun phrase if you use more than one adjective
You can use the 'Writing to Persuade' word mat below to help you choose words that will persuade your reader.