During our PSHE lessons this week, the children will be learning about the traditions of Chinese New Year.
Click on the PowerPoint link below to read the Chinese New Year story:
Watch the video below and look through the PowerPoint to understand how Chinese New Year is celebrated.
Ask your child the following questions:
- How do the family prepare for Chinese New Year?
- What did Samantha receive through the post?
- What did the children use to decorate the house?
- Which colour is seen as lucky?
- Which animals were part of the parade?
Draw the Write Way
Chinese New Year will be celebrated on Tuesday 1st February. This year is the 'Year of the Tiger'.
Can you draw a tiger? Think carefully about the patterns and colours you will need to use.