This week the children will be introduced to a new fiction book.
Look at the front cover below, can you predict what the story will be about? Tell your prediction to an adult using a full sentence.
Can you attempt to write down your prediction? Remember when writing a sentence you need to include a capital letter, full stop and finger spaces.
Questions to ask your child:
- Which characters are in the story?
- Who do you think is the main character?
- Where do you think the story will be set?
- Where is the bear travelling to?
- How do you think the bear will get there?
- What could happen when the bear gets into space?
Find below a copy of the Pie Corbett version of 'Whatever Next'. This version is a simplified version of the story that is easier for the children to remember and recall. Read the shortened version to your child.
Can your child think of any actions to match the words in the Pie Corbett version?