This week the children will be introduced to a new fiction book. Can you remember the key features of a fiction text? What is the difference between a fiction and non fiction text?
Look at the front cover below, can you predict what the story will be about? Tell your prediction to an adult using a full sentence.
Can you attempt to write down your prediction? Remember when writing a sentence you need to include a capital letter, full stop and finger spaces.
Questions to ask your child:
- Which characters do you think are in the story?
- Who do you think the main character is?
- Where do you think the story is set?
- What is the girl dressed up as?
- What do you think the girl will do in the story?