Learning Objective: To compose and rehearse sentences orally (including dialogue) using a range of sentence structures.
Today, you will be practicing your big write by rehearsing it out loud.
Watch the video below to learn about different actions you could use...
Now go through your story map from Wednesday's lesson. Rehearse your story using actions. Be creative
Learning Objective: To write a narrative with clear structure, setting and plot
Today, you will be writing your 'Big Write'. You will be using all of the features you have learnt about to create your own version of 'Alma'
Recap the original 'Alma' story using the video below:
Using your plan to guide you, write your own version of 'Alma'.
You can use the word mats below to help you with vocabulary, and as you write, check that you are including all of the features you have learnt about.
Learning Objective: To improve my writing by changing grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency
Using a different coloured pen, check that you have included all of the features below in your writing. If you have not got an example of one of these features, add it using your different colour.
- Interesting vocabulary
- Expanded Noun Phrases
- Coordinating Conjunctions
- Subordinating Conjunctions
- Prepositional Phrases
(If you cannot think of ideas, look back at last week lessons and work)
Edit your piece of writing to check that spelling, punctuation and grammar is correct.
- Vocabulary – Use the word banks to add and up-level vocabulary and expanded noun phrases (adjectives)
- Spelling – Use word banks and the dictionary link below to check spellings.
- Punctuation – Capital letters, full stops, commas, exclamation marks, questions marks.
- Proof read – checking what you have written makes sense.
Practice your Year 5 spellings of the week.
Thursday 1st October 2020
Spelling: Homophones & near homophones