Monday - PE
Remember to keep active whilst working from home.
Tuesday - Science
LO: To observe and describe weather associated with the seasons and how day length varies.
Watch both videos below. Complete the tasks within the second link.
Wednesday - Science
LO: To understand how to measure rainfall.
Thursday - Science
LO: To begin to understand hibernation.
Friday - PSHE
Start with a discussion about the things we can do to help us get better if we're unwell, e.g. rest, sleep, drink plenty of fluids.
Then discuss these questions about medicines:
- What is a medicine? (Something which can be given to help make somebody feel better. A medicine often only helps treat the symptoms of an illness, rather than the illness itself. The body is pretty good at recovering from most illnesses by itself!)
- How do people take medicines? (Tablets that are swallowed, liquids that are measured in a special spoon and swallowed, creams or ointments that are rubbed onto the skin. Less commonly inhaled - breathed in.)
- How would someone feel if they took too much medicine? (They could feel very poorly.)
- How would someone feel if they took the wrong medicine? (Again they could feel very poorly.)
- Why do adults need to look after medicines? (To make sure they were kept in a safe place and taken properly.)
- Who would normally look after your medicine at home? (Parent/carer.)
Play the game Help Tania Get Better!
If you have a printer, make a copy of this board game (you could stick it onto card, to make it stronger), then find a dice, plus some counters to move round the board - coins will do.
If you don't have a printer, play the game on the screen. Use a dice to move around the on-screen board. Your child can be given the job of keeping note where each of you is on the board!