Christianity and Sikhism
Lesson 1 - The Bible
Christians have a 'special' book called the Bible. For Christians, the Bible is a special book because they believe it is the word of God and it teaches them how they should live and what they should believe.
The Bible mentions the 10 Commandments.
Please click on the document below to view what the 10 Commandments are.
Write your answers to these questions in your book.
- Do all the commandments make sense to you?
- Do any of the commandments surprise you?
- Why does some of the language in the commandments need explaining?
- How might a Christian live according to the Ten Commandments?
- Write down 10 ways in which you live your life?
Lesson 2 - A story from the Bible
Please watch the video below to learn about the story of the Good Samaritan. Once you have watched it, write down what you have learnt from it.
Then retell the story using the storyboard template.
Sikhs also have a sacred book and it's called the Guru Granth Sahib.
Read the powerpoint below to find out more about the Guru Granth Sahib.
Then, complete the Comparing Sikh Prayers activity.
Lesson 4 - A story from the Guru Granth Sahib
Read the powerpoint below to learn about the story of The Formation of the Khalsa which is from the Guru Granth Sahib.
Once you have read the story, answer the questions below.
- On which day was the Khalsa formed?
- Why was the Khalsa formed?
- Who was the Khalsa formed by?
- How many people did Guru Gobind Singh take inside the tent?
- What are the people who belong to the Khalsa community called?
- How were the people Baptised?
- What is the surname of Khalsa men? What does it mean?
- What is the surname of Khalsa women? What does it mean?
- Name the 5 K’s and write some information about each one.