Read the following short extract from Matilda and use your retrieve and record skills to answer the questions below
1. What was Matilda's father called?
2. What did her father snatch from her hands?
3. In the first sentence speech has been used. What 'said' word has the author used?
4. Matilda was reading a book called 'The Pretty Pony". True or false?
5. How does Matilda's father feel about reading?
6. Who did the book belong to?
7. Why didn't Matilda cry when her father ripped up the book?
8. The last sentence says 'Matilda’s wonderfully subtle mind was already at work devising yet another suitable punishment for the poisonous parents.' What does the word 'devising' mean?
Challenge - Can you think of your own question for a family member to answer?