Our Text this week will be 'The Tiger Who Came For Tea' by Judith Kerr. The children already have heard this story before as it's one of their favourites. If you have the story at home...read through it and talk about any interesting or new words. If you don't have your own copy of the text click on the video below to watch the story.
Questions you could ask your child after listening to the story a few times.
- Who does Sophie live with?
- Mummy knows it can't be three people. Which person hasn't been that day?
- What does Sophie's Mummy offer the tiger first?
- How does the tiger drink his tea?
- What sort of drink doesn't the tiger drink?
- What did Sophie eat in the cafe?
- What special item do Sophie and her Mummy buy the next day at the supermarket?