This week's book in Nursery is 'The Gingerbread Man'.
- Discuss the character of the Gingerbread Man. Why do you think he was running away? How was he feeling? What would you have done if you had seen the Gingerbread Man running away from all of the other characters?
- Discuss the characters of the old man and his wife. How do you think they felt when the Gingerbread Man ran away from them?
- Discuss the way in which the characters tried to catch the Gingerbread Man. Was this the right thing to do?
- Ask your child what object they would like to come to life, in the same way that the Gingerbread Man did.
- Remind your child about stranger danger. Explain that the fox was pretending to the Gingerbread Man that he was going to help, when in fact he was not planning to help him at all. Talk about the importance of staying away from strangers. Encourage your child to think about what the Gingerbread Man should have done in that situation.