Become a reporter
Before becoming a reporter, we need to know what's happening in the news.
Explore CBBC Newsround to find out what is going on in the world.
This week your task is to choose a topic that interests you and create your own newspaper article.
You could do this in your book or on the computer using the editable template. You could even record your own news report just like the presenters on newround!
1. Explore the internet, watch the news on tv or through newsround or speak to adults to help you choose a topic.
2. Take a look at the example to give you an idea of what your article could look like
3. Watch the BBC Bitesize video to find out what a newspaper article should include
4. Plan your article using the planning template
5. Use the word mats and checklist to add to your plan
6. Decide how to present your news report - use the editable template if you want to have a go on the computer
7. Don't forget to share your work with us - email@example.com