Week 1 - Main Activity
Keep a diary
You never know... it might make history!
"We all make history and have stories to tell, and diaries hold stories of everyday life. Sometimes these stories take place during extraordinary times. Keep a diary to record what it was like to live through these times. You can help make sure what is happening today will be remembered, and that people in the future will know how you lived. You can be a history maker and a history keeper,"
This week we would like you to start writing a diary. We want to know all about what you've been doing during the school closures. In years to come, you can look back through your diary and remember what life was like during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Things that you might include:
- Things that you wish you could do now that you might not be able to
- How you've spent your daily exercise time
- Things you've learnt about your family
- What you have done in your free time
- Information about programmes or YouTube videos you've enjoyed watching
- Your thought and feelings
- You could even add some drawings or pictures
We would love to share all your experiences when we're back at school
Remember...Stories live on forever!
Week 1 - 10 minute Writing Challenge:
Get your pen and writing book at the ready! Watch the video introduction below to learn about your week 1 challenge.
- Describe your container
- Build suspense. Don’t ‘rip it open’ – take your time and make the reader wait.
- Make it MAGICAL!
Week 1 - Picture of the Week - Free Writing
Story Starter - Can you continue the story about the man who can perform magic?
He held them with his mind. He controlled them.
The chairs swirled around him, dancing as if held by invisible strings. He practised on chairs, however his powers allowed him to manipulate things far more complex than that…
Don't forget to share all of your fantastic writing using the year group email address: