On the Prowl
These two superheroes had had a lifetime of saving lives. Day after day, they had battled the streets fighting crime and protecting innocent people from the clutches of evil
Now, their lives were slightly less busy, as they left saving the world to younger superheroes. However, they still had the energy for one last mission. The phone began to ring...
Activity 1 -
1) What time of day is it in the picture?
2) Do the tigers know each other?
3) What does the word ‘prowl’ mean? What does it suggest the tigers are doing?
4) Where will they go once they have finished drinking?
5) What kind of crime do you think the tigers might have saved innocent people from?
6) Who might the 'younger superheroes' be?
7) Do you think the tigers can talk? Explain why you think this.
8) Where in the world would you find tigers? What is their natural habitat?
Activity 2 -
What do you think their last mission will be? Who could they be saving? What could they be saving them from?
I predict that... I think this because...
Activity 3 -
How many different expanded noun phrases can you think of to describe a tiger?
e.g. Brave, heroic tiger
Sharp, pointy teeth
Soft, stripy fur
Can you write some sentences to describe what the tiger looks like using expanded noun phrases? Once you've done that, can you describe the setting?
Use the word bank below to help you.
Activity 4 -
Sick Sentences! Help me!
The sentences below are sick and need your help to get better. Please can you add some adverbs to help them get better?
Remember, an adverb is a word that shows us how an action is done. The actions have been underlined to help you.
The tiger drank from the pool. It held its body close to the ground as it drank. He looked around to see who else was there. He heard a strange sound in the distance so hid behind the mountain.
e.g. The tiger happily drank from the pool.
Activity 5 -
Finish the story...
Can you finish off the story? Use your imagination and be as creative as you
can with your story endings!
- Are there any other characters in the story apart from the two tigers?
- What will be the problem in the story?
- How will the problem be resolved?
- How will the story end?
You can use the story mountain template attached below to plan your ideas.