Due to following goverment guidance if you need to speak to a member of the year one team please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Year One
Magpie Teacher : Miss J Carroll
Magpie support staff: Miss K Browne, Mrs N Kent, Mrs J Edmondson
Robin Teacher : Miss F Teale
Magpie support staff: Miss T Joyce, Mrs J Edmondson
Make sure your reading book and yellow card is in school everyday.
Our PE day is a Monday.
The PE curriculum is delivered by Mr Mann who is a PE specialist.
At the moment we are not getting changed into PE kits due to PE being held outside and we will let you know when to bring one in.
We have a big focus on phonics in Year one.
Phonics is delivered twice a day.
A typical phonics session includes;
- recapping previous taught sounds
- teaching a new sound
- practising reading words by segmenting and blending with the new sound
- writing words with the new sound
- reading alien words (nonsense words)
- practising reading and writing a sentence
You can help your child at home by accessing the websites below;
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds